WE did iT … and new challenges
A message from the Presidents
It is for us, together, to rise to new challenges and help the researchers to realize their goals. Continue our human adventure, reinforced both by a new dynamics and also by new travelling companions that we will invite. Such is our common mission in this Circle: better care for and cure the diseases of the nervous system.
Thank you for your involvement.
Maurice LEVY and David de ROTHSCHILD
Co-presidents of the Committee of the Friends of the Institut du Cerveau – ICM
WHY THE CIRCLE OF FRIENDS OF THE Institut du Cerveau – ICM?
TO THANK THEM
All physical or moral persons who have engaged their philanthropic power at the service of research on the nervous system.
TO BRING THEM TOGETHER
The major donors and establish for them a specific and exclusive source of information
TO ASSOCIATE THEM
Present and future donors around the challenges facing the development of the Institut du Cerveau – ICM
WHY BE PART OF IT?
- To participate in a human and scientific adventure that is truly exceptional and of great added-value.
- To support an advanced technological establishment, become in 3 years a pole of excellence in the neurosciences, known world-wide.
- To be one of those who think and act the future by investing in one of the last terra incognita 21st century medical science: the brain and the nervous system.
THE RESOURCES OF THE Institut du Cerveau – ICM
- 600 researchers chosen from among the best in the world.
- A complete ecosystem for research, all in the same place: basic research, the clinic, industry, business incubator and neuroscience project.
- An innovative vision of research, associating creativity, sharing of knowledge, opened to society, economic valorisation of the discoveries.
JOIN THE CIRCLE
THE ACTIVITIES OF THE CIRCLE: GET INVOLVED ALONG WITH US FOR THE LONG TERM
Get together and share:
The Institut du Cerveau – ICM invites you to exclusive meetings and events to give you a preview of all major information, notably of the advances in research. The breakfast meetings, private visits and thematic lectures will be the occasion to meet the scientists surrounded by your peers.
Inform you, account for:
The Institut du Cerveau – ICM wishes to testify to the impact and the power of your engagement. We dedicate to you specific newsletters, personalized activity reports. You will thus have, at all times, the means to know how your donations are used, the experimental results and the projects elaborated thanks to your support. You will also be the first recipients of information on the finances of the Institut du Cerveau – ICM, which has already proven the transparency and good management of its resources.
If your donations are primordial for carrying out our mission, your role as ambassador is also very important. Become a member of the circle is also to be mobilized to make known the cause of the neurological diseases, the complexity of research on these subjects and the now central role of the Institut du Cerveau – ICM. The Circle of Friends is called on to grow. We count on each of its members to disseminate awareness of its existence and engage new support, in France and elsewhere.
The circle is open to all persons who desire to engage themselves financially and humanly around certain values, including generosity, efficacy, innovation, at the service of the public good.
The Institut du Cerveau – ICM is particularly attentive to the recognition of your implication and proposes numerous activities and counterparts. The Donor Wall is a powerful symbol: located in the hall of the Institut du Cerveau – ICM and updated each year, it pays homage to all the major supporters. The grand donors are also mentioned in all the activity reports of the Institut du Cerveau – ICM.
PROGRAM OF RECOGNITION
By level of contribution
Invitations to an annual encounter, weekend of reflection and presentation of the recent advances and perspectives in the neurosciences world-wide.
Invitation to a private annual visit.
Possibility of designating a space by your name.
Invitation to the Annuel des Mécènes event in the presence of the president.
Possibility of designating a space by your name
Invitation to the Annuel des Présidents du Cercle des Amis de l’Institut du Cerveau – ICM event, in the presence of the co-presidents of the Cercle des Amis, the president of the Institut du Cerveau – ICM, the scientific director
Possibility of designating a space by your name
Invitation to the Annuel des Présidents du Cercle des Amis de l’Institut du Cerveau – ICM event
Invitation to a private annual visit
Invitation to the Annuel des Grands Donoteurs of the Institut du Cerveau – ICM event
Make a long term engagement and support a specific scientific axis or project?
WHY GIVE TO THE Institut du Cerveau – ICM?
- Support research at the Institut du Cerveau – ICM: your donation allows flexible management and permits the Institut du Cerveau – ICM to rapidly attribute funds for investments essential for the research
- Support the research teams and programs: contribute to the long term financing of the 25 research teams, thematic and transversal programs, and support the hopes of research via fellowships for post-doctoral and doctoral fellows in neurology!
- Contribute to the financing of high level technical equipment: neuroimaging, bio-informatics, genetics, behaviour studies…
- For more details on the programs, address an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Institut du Cerveau – ICM offers donors who are members of the Circle, a specific program of recognition aimed at giving first hand information on the advances, acknowledge the support by naming a space in the laboratories, exclusive encounters…
THE DIFFERENT KINDS OF DONATIONS THAT GIVE ACCESS TO THE CIRCLE
There are many ways to support the Institut du Cerveau – ICM and its projects financially. They are presented in detail below:
- Special pluri-annual engagement
- Partnership with enterprises
- Life insurance
- Reserve of usufruct
- Temporary donation of usufruct
- Donation of article 788-III of the Code Général des Impôts (Tax code).
You represent a company?
The Circle already includes a great variety of enterprises, attesting to it capacity to form multiple partnerships. The team of the Institut du Cerveau – ICM is available to define with each enterprise a strategy of patronage adapted to its interests and its expectations.
If you wish to support the Institut du Cerveau – ICM and join the Circle, there is necessarily a solution adapted to your patrimonial and financial situation. The office of the Circle of Friends is at your disposal to give you specific advice on the matter and optimise the efficacy of your donation.
The Brain and Spine Institute is a foundation of recognized public utility since September 13, 2006. As such, donations give the right to a fiscal reduction for French residents:
– 75% of the donation deductible from the ISF
– 66% of the donation deductible from the IRPP, up to 20% of the taxable income;
60% of the donations of enterprises are deductible from the profits of the companies, up to 0.5% of the turnover.
FOR PHILANTHROPY AND RESEARCH WITHOUT BORDERS…
The Institut du Cerveau – ICM has developed, since 2009, an agreement with Transnational Giving Europe, a partner of European foundations and associations. It allows a donor whose fiscal residence is in one of the partner countries of the TGE to support the Institut du Cerveau – ICM and benefit from the fiscal advantages of his country of residence.
> More information here