Scientific directors : Mathias PESSIGLIONE and Philippe FOSSATI
Operational manager : Karim N’DIAYE
The PRISME facility is located on the 1st floor of the main ICM building (to be partly relocated to the future ICM Chevaleret building), 1 engineer, 1¼ technician, 1 clinical research assistant. The PRISME facility houses 3 different experimental spaces:
- One room (“the classroom”) dedicated to cognitive tasks on PC workstations, each equipped with touch-screen, eye-trackers and headset/microphone, allowing up to 12 participants to be tested in parallel.
- One “sports room” to implement physical effort tasks on PC-controlled apparatuses addressing imposed (treadmill) or free-effort (2 ergocycles), as well as precision movements (virtual golf).
- One “living room” simulating a mock apartment to reproduce real-life-like (a.k.a. ecological) conditions and daily activities for participants, including during study social interactions, monitored with multi-point optical cameras (including high-definition motorized one) and lapel microphones.
All rooms may be equipped with mobile devices and wireless sensors including: eye tracking (SMI & Tobii Pro Glasses), psychophysiological recordings (BIOPAC smart center), accelerometers (Shimmer), activity trackers (Empatica E4) and mobile EEG (Enobio32 NeuroElectrics). Dedicated software is also available for behavioral annotation (Noldus The Observer), and automated processing of facial expression (Noldus FaceReader) and body posture (Deep Lab Cut).
PRISME Core Facility supply extensive services to academic and non-academic researchers:
- methodological assistance in protocol design;
- all-inclusive service for participant recruitment, scheduling and payment;
- ad-hoc hardware electronics & 3D design in collaboration with ICM’s Fablab / R&D Unit.
More recently, PRISME has extended its service offer to online testing over the internet or through mobile tablets (Android) and is developing the PRIME@Home project to monitor real-life behavior of voluntary research participants in their home place using home automation and passive sensing technologies.
More on our website