Are you looking for excellent research opportunities for your post-doc at the forefront of Alzheimer’s disease fluid biomarkers? The Paris Brain Institute (ICM) is seeking a highly motivated post-doctoral researcher holding a PhD in neuroscience, biochemistry, bio-engineering, molecular/cellular biology to join the team of Drs. Marie-Claude Potier and Stéphane Haïk (Alzheimer’s disease and prion diseases at ICM) and work under the direct supervision of Professor Kaj Blennow (Gothenburg University, Sweden), who is also a visiting Professor at the ICM.
The three-year position will take place in a new group, focusing on developing new biomarkers for Alzheimer’s disease and related conditions using advanced techniques such as second-generation immunoassays (SIMOA, MSD), mass spectrometry and protein misfolding amplification (RT-QuIC). Total funding is provided for three years by the Fondation Recherche Alzheimer.
– Develop and implement new biomarker assays for Alzheimer’s disease and related conditions
-Utilize advanced techniques such as second-generation immunoassays, mass spectrometry, fully automated immunoasays and protein misfolding amplification (RT-QuIC).
– Collaborate with other members of the ICM and Professor Blennow’s team in Gothenburg
– Communicate research findings through publications and presentations
– A Ph.D. in a relevant field such as neuroscience, biochemistry, bioengineering, or molecular/cellular biology
– Strong background in biomarker development and analytical techniques such as immunoassays and mass spectrometry
– Fluency in English
– Experience with data analyses (statistics, R)
– Having trained as experimental animal user will be an advantage
– Ability to work independently and manage a research project
– Strong collaboration and communication skills
– Rigorous and committed.
– You are passionate about the scientific environment.
The ICM is committed to diversity and equality in the workplace and encourages applications from underrepresented groups.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and meet the qualifications, please submit your CV, a cover letter outlining your research experience and motivation for the position, and two references’ names and contact information.