Nowadays, the health challenges are tremendous and will continue to grow in the next years. Specifically, the aging of the population leads to the development of new illnesses such as neurodegenerative diseases and thus creates the need for new treatments and care that are designed for patients. To address this growing challenge, education and research programs must be adapted. In this context, the Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle Epiniere (Institut du Cerveau – ICM) and Sorbonne Universités (SU) are developing a new master program called the International Masters In Neurodegenerative Disease (iMIND). It aims to provide a high-quality Master degree training to address the challenges of neurodegenerative diseases through an innovative, international and interdisciplinary approach. The expertise and the notoriety of each partner, in neuroscience at large and in training, is a key to the creation of iMIND.
This 2-year international Master program is offered by Europe’s most prestigious centers of research and teaching in neuroscience and Neurodegenerative diseases:
- Institut du Cerveau – ICM chose to collaborate with Sorbonne Université and more specifically with the Biology Faculty to embed the program iMind into the already existing Master Integrative Biology and Physiology (BIP) , one of the best neuroscience master of France.
- This program has been built, from the beginning , with international partners. Having an international aspect for a master program is for Institut du Cerveau – ICM primordial and necessary.
Students will be rigorously selected on the basis of academic excellence and academic recommendation. The program is designed to allow students to design an individualised programme of study through taught modules and research projects in the neuroscience with particular emphasis on Neurodegenerative Diseases. Some of the courses will involve lecturers from Institut du Cerveau – ICM, Sorbonne Université, members of the identified France “centres d’excellence” and the international partners.
The 2017-2018 academic year is dedicated to the proof of concept. It will consist in:
- who: all profil registred at BIP Master in Paris, KU Leuven, TUM
- where: SU, KU Leuven and TUM
- what: Exchange program for M2 internships between the two partners. All expenses taken care of after selection
- when: January-June 2018
- future: Possibly broader the education program to a bachelor and a PhD program.
For any questions, please contact the Scientific and Medical Affairs Office.